Our mission is to promote audiology as the primary profession in Illinois for the delivery of hearing and balance care and to facilitate our members’ abilities to identify, diagnose, treat, and prevent hearing and balance disorders through professional education, public awareness, and research initiatives.
The Goals of ILAA
Each goal includes strategies to achieve the intended objectives.
1. Increase the membership in our Academy.
1. To increase academy membership to 500.
2. To recruit 100% of students in Illinois programs.
2. Encourage our members to pursue the AuD and to support those Illinois universities who offer it.
1. Increase the number of members who have AuD
2. Create a strong alliance with universities in Illinois offering the AuD
3. Develop audiology awareness among the public and health care professionals.
1. Increase the exposure of ILAA in more public events.
2. Increase awareness among allied professionals.
4. Develop liaisons with elected officials and promote the professional interests of audiologists in licensure, legislation, and other governmental affairs.
1. Build a list of legislatively “connected” members and use that list.
5. Provide and promote educational growth through continuing education.
1. Increase the prominence of our conventions.
6. Promote audiology as an autonomous profession.
1. Increase awareness among other professions and state agencies that audiologists are independent practitioners.
7. Increase reimbursement for audiology services.
1. Increase compensation that audiologists receive for their services.
2. Increase the number and type of reimbursable services in recognition of audiology’s expanding scope of services.