Doctoral Audiology Scholarships
The Illinois Academy of Audiology (ILAA) is pleased to announce the availability of two scholarships and one research award for students enrolled in a clinical or research audiology program at a regionally accredited Illinois university.
1. Two $1000 scholarships for students pursuing a clinical doctoral degree in audiology who are in at least their second year of study at the time of the application deadline.
2. One $1000 research award for a student who, at the time of the application deadline, is in at least his/her second year of study in a Ph.D. or Au.D. audiology program. The applicant for the research award must be a licensed audiologist or be eligible for an audiology license upon graduation.
Students receiving these awards must:
- be Student members of the Academy and maintain membership until the receiving the pursued degree,
- serve on at least one ILAA committee,
- attend at least one ILAA Board meeting during the year in which the research award or scholarship is awarded, and
- be willing to serve on the Board of Directors as a Student member if so appointed.
- In the case of the research award, the recipient must be willing to present the research at an ILAA convention and/or in ILAA communications.
Students interested in these scholarships and awards must apply by completing and sending the application form, resume/background, essay, and two (2) recommendation forms and letters.
Applications must be submitted online or postmarked on or before October 10, 2012.
AuD/PhD Scholarship Information
NEW FOR 2012: Online Applications!
Students, submit one of the following:
Clinical Scholarship Application
Research Scholarship Application
Recommenders, complete one of the following:
Clinical Scholarship Recommendation Form
Research Scholarship Recommendation Form
If your browser cannot see the embedded form, please use the links below.
Paper forms may still be downloaded and mailed to:
ILAA Doctoral Scholarship Committee
5315 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60640
Download AuD Scholarship Application Form
Download AuD Scholarship Recommendation Form
Download Research Scholarship Application Form
Download Research Scholarship Recommendation Form
Please note that all applicants, whether or not they receive awards, may annually re-apply for ILAA scholarships and awards.
The Honors Committee, which makes the final selection for the awards, may request interviews with top applicants. The Honors Committee will make decisions based on:
- The potential for the student to make a significant contribution to audiology,
- demonstrated academic accomplishment and intellectual ability,
- applicant’s character, university and community activities, personal motivation, and leadership potential, and
- potential benefit of the applicant’s research (for research applicants).
Preference will be given to applicants with a stated intention to work in Illinois upon graduation. Funds will be placed with the recipients’ universities for application toward direct expenses (tuition, fees, books, student loans) or, in the case of the research award, to research supplies and stipends for research subjects. University policies may vary.
If you require further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients will join the ranks of previous outstanding scholars: Jessica Fulton and Beth Tanner (2003 winners), Erin Maierle, Hilary Snapp, Blair Tenllado and Sarah Melamed (2004 winners); Lia Ferro, Megan Mulvey, Magdalene Sikora and Darrin Worthington (2005 winners); Jillian Baehr, Blythe Holmes, and Jaimie Gilbert (2006 winners); Renee Banakis, Rachel McMullen, and Stephanie Pesa (2007 winners); Jacqueline Busen, McLorn Carpenter, and Jessica Levine (2008); Kristine Henslin, Rachel Specht, and Jay Vachhani (2009-2010 winners); Quentin Kennedy, Sara Neumann, Lauren Sandberg (2010-2011 winners); Samira Anderson, Courtney Coburn, Robert Risley (2011-2012 winners); Kristen Cortese, Sean Flowers, Cheryl Robinson (2012-2013 winners).
Many thanks to the Doctoral Scholarship Committee members past and present - Marci Evans, Pam Fiebig, James Lankford, Marla Trombetta, Maggie Sikora, and Steve Wolinsky - for developing the policies, procedures and forms for the Scholarship Program and Honors Committee for participating in the difficult process of selecting the recipients from all the worthy candidates. ILAA membership can be proud of this program that supports the future of the profession.